As in every shooting situation, the most important safety factor is the gray matter between your ears. The safety mechanism on a firearm is not a substitute for safe gun handling procedures and situational awareness. In addition, precautions need to be taken to ensure the safety of yourself and bystanders when using steel targets.
1. Always wear ear and eye protection when shooting.
2. Always use the appropriate caliber firearm the target was designed for.
3. Always place steel target at least 25 yards from the shooter when using .22 LR or center-fire handgun targets.
4. Always place steel target at least 100 yards from the shooter when using center-fire rifle targets.
5. Always shoot in an area with a safe bullet backstop.
6. Never use a weapon firing steel pellets or BB's.
7. Never use steel core or armor piercing ammunition.
8. Use care when handling targets and ammunition to prevent lead absorption.
9. Discontinue use if target becomes damaged or broken.
Every precaution has been taken by Impact Rolling Steel Targets to manufacture a safe and effective steel target for your use. However, as with all steel targets, without proper safety precautions it is possible for serious injury or death to occur. As such Impact Rolling Steel Targets cannot be held liable for death or injuries that may result from the use or misuse of steel targets.
Register for Email Updates and Discounts!
As always, we take your privacy seriously. We will never share or sell your personal information with another company.